How much do you know about quartz powder?
The Classification of Quartz Powder
Industry often classifies quartz powder (sand) into: common quartz sand (powder), refined quartz sand, high purity quartz sand, fused quartz sand and silica micronaire.
1. Common Quartz Sand(powder)
SiO2≥90-99% Fe2O3≤0.06-0.02%, refractoriness 1750---1800℃, appearance partly large particles, yellow skin encapsulation on the surface. Particle size range 1-320 mesh, can be produced according to user requirements particle size. The main uses are metallurgy, ink silicon carbide, building materials, enamel, cast steel, filter material, blistering alkali, chemical industry, sandblasting, and other industries.
2. Refined Quartz Sand (Powder)
Also known as acid-washed quartz sand, SiO2≥99-99.5% Fe2O3≤0.02-0.015% is selected high-quality ore for complex processing. The particle size range is 1-380 mesh and can be produced according to customer requirements. Main uses are filter material, high-grade glass, glass products, refractory materials, smelting stones, precision casting, sandblasting, wheel grinding materials, etc.
3. High-Purity Quartz Sand (Powder)
SiO2≥99.5-99.9% Fe2O2≤0.005% is made of 1-3 grade natural crystal and high-quality natural stones, carefully selected and finely processed. Particle sizes range from 1-0.5mm, 0.5-0.1mm, 0.1-0.01mm, and 0.01-0.005mm and can be produced according to customer requirements. Main applications: high-grade glass, electronic fillers, melting stones, precision casting, chemicals, ceramics, etc.
4. Silica Micronized Powder
SiO2:99.5%min-99.0%min, Fe2O3:0.02%max, Al2O3:0.3% max, size:200-2000 mesh, grey or off-white powder in appearance, refractoriness >1600℃. Capacity: 200-250 kg/m3.
Mechanism of action of Quartz Powder
The quartz powder is produced in both dry and aqueous methods in various conventional sizes: 100M, 150M, 200M, 325M, 400M, 600M, 1500M, and 2000M (M is the number of mesh). In addition, we can also process shaped specifications according to customer's requirements, and we can also process those requiring particle size distribution.
1. Dry production of quartz powder, the main equipment are stone knocker, crusher, vibrating screen, and so on. The process is that the quartz ore is processed into smaller stones by the stone knocker, the stones are then processed into sand by the crusher and then sieved by the vibrating screen; during the sieving process, the iron is removed by using the magnet bar and the exhaust magnet, and then the packing is finished and put into storage.
2. For the production of quartz powder by water, the main equipment includes stone knockers, stone mills, baking houses, vibrating screens, and water circuit systems. The process is rough as follows: the quartz ore is processed into smaller stones by the stone knocker, the stones are then crushed into sand grains by the stone mill, water is added continuously during the crushing process, and the water flows into the sedimentation pond with the sand grains, and then the sand grains in the sedimentation pond are transported into the baking room and baked into dry sand grains, which are then sieved by the vibrating sieve, during the sieving process, the magnet bar and the row of magnets are used to remove iron, and then they are packed into the warehouse.
Applications of quartz powder
1 Glass: the main raw material for flat glass, float glass, glass products (glass jars, glass bottles, glass tubes, etc.), optical glass, glass fibers, glass instruments, conductive glass, glass cloth, and special glass for radiation protection, etc.
2 Ceramics and refractory materials: embryos and glazes for porcelain, raw materials for high silica bricks, ordinary silica bricks, and silicon carbide for kilns, etc.
3 Construction: concrete, cementitious materials, road building materials, artificial marble, materials for testing the physical properties of cement (i.e., cement standard sand), etc.
Price of Quartz Powder
Particle size and purity will affect the product's price, and the purchase volume can also affect the cost of particle size. A large amount of large amount will be lower. The price of particle size can be found on our company's official website.
Quartz Powder Supplier
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) Luoyang City, Inwin-style, China, is a reliable and high-quality global chemical material supplier and manufacturer. It has more than 12 years of experience providing ultra-high quality chemicals and nanotechnology materials, including Zinc sulfide, nitride powder, Zinc sulfide powder, sulfide powder, and 3D printing powder. If you are looking for high-quality and cost-effective quartz powder, you are welcome to contact us or inquire at any time.